Our PROJECTOR range includes:
NEC LT25 (or similar)DLP 2300 lumens XGAfrom £50 per day*All prices exclude VAT*
Sanyo XU106LCD 4500 lumens XGAfrom £100 per day*All prices exclude VAT*
Sanyo XP1006,500 lumens XGAfrom £200 per day incl. lens*All prices exclude VAT*
Panasonic DZ680DLP 6,500 lumens WUXGAfrom £350 per day incl. lens*All prices exclude VAT*
Panasonic EX12kDLP 13,000 lumens XGAfrom £750 per day*All prices exclude VAT*
Questions to think about before you book:
- What lumens do you need? (Lumens is the brightness of the projector)
- What resolution do you need? (Resolution is the number of pixels at which the display device does not have to expand or compress the input signal)
- What type: install, desktop or portable? (Install projectors tend to be larger and heavier, desktop ones are small and lighter and portable are somewhere in between!)
When you’re looking to hire a projector for a presentation or party, there are a number of factors you need to consider. Use the following checklist to help you plan your projector hire:
How many people need to see the screen?
A 2,200 lumens projector will usually be sufficient for a smaller meeting – up to 20 people. A brighter projector will be needed for rooms with more natural light, bigger screens and larger audiences – some projectors go up to over 20,000 lumens but you shouldn’t need these for a simple presentation! Call us for advice on which projector will suit you best.
Can everyone see the screen?
Depending on how many people are attending your meeting, some may be situated some way away from the screen. If you have a lot of text in your presentation, then some may not be able to read it clearly. There are two solutions to this: repeater screens or larger screen/projector. Repeater screens are often plasma or LCD screens positioned further down the room that show the same image as the main screen. Quite often in larger meetings there may be pillars or obstructions that mean some people may not be able to see the whole screen. For these rooms repeater screens are the best option.
If it is just a matter of distance from the screen, then increasing the screen size will help as the text will be larger and hence easier to read. The larger the screen, then generally you should increase the brightness of the projector, as light is diffused more over a larger area. Room ceiling heights may dictate that a larger screen is not possible, so repeater screens are a good fallback.
Do you need a set?
Often a screen by itself can look bare. There are different ways to dress up a simple screen but the most common are using felt covered flat panels, or using drapes. These look like heavy ‘curtains’ that are framed around the screen to tidy it up. Flats come in a myriad of shapes and sizes, but the standard type is usually 8′ x 4′. This can be covered in any colour felt (or other material), and any number of these can be added together to make a seamless wall. For more information on set design please call us and we can talk you through it.
Do you need a PA system?
Most projectors come with a small speaker that’s useless for anything practical. There’s nothing worse than being unable to make yourself heard! If you’ve got sound with your presentation or video, make sure you hire a separate PA system to let people hear it. Quite often Powerpoint presentations include a music track or “wake up call” which is completely wasted if it’s coming out of a tiny speaker. Give your audience the full impact! Give us a call for more advice.
Benefits of using Status AV for your projector hire:
- New equipment: all our equipment is replaced regularly with the latest technology in projection. You won’t be left holding an out of date, abused projector!
- Perfect service: We pride ourselves on delivering perfect service; we know you can choose who to hire your projector from, and want to make hiring from Status AV such a pain-free experience, that you will keep coming back.
- Great pricing: No-one can beat our prices for this level of equipment. Make sure you’re not being palmed off with low brightness, old technology projectors.
- Fast delivery: We can deliver within the hour if needed in Bristol and Bath. We also deliver to Melksham, Trowbridge, Chippenham, Corsham, Bradford on Avon and anywhere in Wiltshire or Somerset.
Status AV Audio Visual Services
We’re the industry experts in corporate AV, offering full audio visual services that will make your event look and sound amazing. Whether you’re running a conference, roadshow, corporate away-day or seminar, Status AV can help.
Our experienced technicians are comfortable handling even the most acoustically-challenging conditions, from echoey halls with lots of reverb, to buzzing outdoor venues.
Live Event AV
- Awards Ceremonies
- Road Shows
- LED TV Screens
- Sound Systems
- Video Conferencing
- Video Walls
- PA Systems
- LED TV Screens
- Ultrasonic Speakers
- Sound Showers
- Directional Soundbars
- Dome Speakers
- Overhead Directional Arrays